Position Located in Sparks, NV
- Helping Ebara customers solve technical issues with Cryogenic equipment.
- Answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of our Cryogenic equipment.
- Developing customer-facing documentation for our field service engineers on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate customer needs to our development and engineering staff, act as a liaison for long term solutions.
- Providing engineering support for all spare parts orders, including creating new part numbers in part creation software, creating drawings, and researching materials or dimensions as required.
- Act as first line of communication to dedicate team of Field Service Engineers for troubleshooting support, collaboration and customer problem solving
- Responsible for reviewing inspection results, creating repair reports, and work order instruction for incoming equipment needing repair.
- Working with factory engineering department for disposition of parts deemed outside wear limits
- Accountable for RCA activities, as needed, including conducting customer meetings, developing DMAIC model and contacting third party consultants as required for material and structural analysis.
- Provide training and instruction to customers on Cryogenic systems as required in the field
- Ensure appropriate response and service is provided to customer, while maintaining a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Responsible for managing a small team of dedicated Field Service Engineers and related tasks:
- Supporting remotely any troubleshooting activities at site locations by FSEsProvide direction as required to ensure the technical integrity and proper installation and commissioning of Ebara Cryogenic systems
- Develop and train new Field Service engineers, assist in recruitment of talent
- Manages Field Service Engineering utilization, when not traveling, by assigning technical inbound calls and support needs from customers as required to FSE team
- Conducts close out meeting with FSE after each job to assure site activities were well documented, reports are complete, and any design issues are captured as an I/R (Incident report)
- Must maintain a current Passport
- May require international travel on short notice.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communication in a manner, so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university (with a minimum of 2 additional years of related industry experience)
Strong technical aptitude and working knowledge of Cryogenic equipment
Previous experience leading a technical team of direct reports is a plus
Strong communication skills, and ability to maintain professionalism in highly stressful situations
Positive attitude and strong work ethics
Desire to develop, coach and mentor field service talent, including recruitment of new Field Service engineers
Field Service and Commissioning experience with rotating equipment is preferred
Ability to execute complicated assignments, using creative ability and independent judgment
Possess detailed knowledge, competence and expertise with installation and commissioning tasks and services
Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office applications
Ability to learn and follow defined departmental policies, procedures and practices