Machinist II @ HOOD-EIC
Position Located in Sparks, NV
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUMES TO: email@example.com
Responsibilities include but not limited to assignment planning, layout, set-up, operating and making tool adjustments for a variety of conventional and CNC machines to perform various machine functions i.e. cutting, drilling, milling, boring, reaming of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces. Works from blueprints and sketches to create work piece that is machined to precision dimensions. Checks and inspects machining of work piece to verify size to specified tolerances. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interprets drawing and machines product to print and ensure quality procedures are followed.
- Assists with editing on machining alterations of program.
- Ensure optimum feed rates and surface speeds for applicable tooling and work piece materials are being used.
- Follow safety, environmental, and manufacturing instructions and guidelines.
- General daily maintenance and cleaning of machine and work area.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 4 years of machine shop experience.
- Must be able to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Advanced math aptitude
- Knowledge of safety and environmental requirements and guidelines.